Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Weekend Playlist!!!

So I hope you all have had a better week than me!!  Since Saturday I have been on an emotional roller coaster! No lie!  Remember when I said I was horrible with relationships?...Well that’s why this has been a crazy week!  But luckily for me my iPod has been a savior! There is nothing like a great song (especially a country song) that makes you feel better!  It seems like my iPod knows exactly what to play at the right moment, and usually it’s a Taylor Swift song…Let’s face it…Taylor Swift knows my life! Anyways, instead of boring you with the drama and crazy details of my life this weekend I thought I would use a few songs to describe what I was feeling/going through!  So here is this past weekend’s playlist!! (I added some lyrics so you don’t necessarily have to listen to the whole song to understand).

So I started this weekend with this kind of attitude!! Lady Antebellum- "Long Gone"
“It’s so like you just to show up at my door And act like nothin’s happened.  
You think I’ll sweep my heart up off the floor and give it to you like so many times before.  
You’re talking to a stranger, I’m not that girl anymore.  
That girl is long gone!”

Ok….well you know we always say that and then he comes around and you start feeling like this... Taylor Swift: “The Other Side of the Door”
“But if you look a little closer…
I said ‘Leave,’ but all I really want is you 
To stand outside my window, throwing pebbles, screaming, “I’m in love with you.” 
Wait there in the pourin’ rain, Come back for more.  
And don’t you leave, ‘cause I know all I need is on the other side of the door.”

So once you make that realization you start thinking about the past and that’s when your iPod plays this great song…. Lady Antebellum: “All We’d Ever Need”
“Boy it’s been all this time, and I can’t get you off my mind, and nobody knows it but me!  
I stare at your photograph, still sleep in the shirt you left, and nobody knows it but me. 
Everyday I wipe my tears away.  So many nights I’ve prayed for you to say:  
‘I should’ve been chasing you.  I should’ve been trying to prove that you were all that mattered to me. 
I should’ve said all the things, that I kept inside of me and maybe I could’ve made you believe, 
That what we had, was all we’d ever need”

After going through this whirlwind of emotions, of course I started to get homesick and just wanted to be with my family.  Taylor Swift: “Never Grow Up”
“So here I am in my new apartment In a big city, they just dropped me off. 
It’s so much colder than I thought it would be, So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on.  
Wish I’d never grown up. I wish I’d never grown up.”

At this point your iPod realizes you just need to get your mind off of the situation and you need to laugh so it’ll throw in a random one like this, (and you know we all want to be rap stars!): Taylor Swift “Thug Story”
(I won’t even post lyrics for this because if you haven’t heard it yet you need to watch! Classic lol)

So once I just have some fun and stop thinking about it I decided I just need to take a chance and of course my playlist gave me this inspiration: Adele “One and Only"
“You’ve been on my mind, I grow fonder ever day 
  Lose myself in time just thinking of your face.  
God only knows why it’s taken me so long to let my doubts go.  You’re the only one that I want.  
I don’t know why I’m scared, I’ve been here before.  Every feeling, every word, I’ve imagined it all.  
You’ll never know if you never try to forget your past and simply be mine.  
I dare you to let me be your, your one and only.  Promise I’m worthy to hold in your arms.  
So come on and give me a chance, To prove I am the one who can, walk that mile.”




So if it isn’t obvious, I was a complete nutcase this week!  But there is a little more to it than that… I also felt this way about a different situation with another person:  Carrie Underwood: “What Can I Say”
“I’m not sorry that it’s over, but for the way we let it end.  I couldn’t find the words to say.”

Anyways… I’m sorry if my story through songs made no sense at all, but hopefully you got to listen to some pretty awesome music!  I am realizing I need to update my iPod to something more than Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum! Haha! But in the end I know I’ll figure out what needs to be done but for now I’m tired of worrying about it!  I’ve got other things I need to focus on so this is how I’m ending it! Lady Antabellum “One Day You Will”

“But down the road the sun is shining.  In every cloud there’s a silver lining.  Just keep holding on! 
And every heartache makes you stronger, but it won’t be much longer.  
You’ll find love, you’ll find peace and the you you’re meant to be.  
I know right now that’s not the way you feel.  But one day you will!”



What songs do you feel tell the story of your life??

No comments:

Post a Comment