Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TAG!

So an old high school friend, Anna, had this on her blog, Adventures of a Type-A.  Although I wasn't technically tagged, she said if you haven't done this than do it! And so here it goes!

The Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

11 Fun Facts About Me!!!
1. I was a 3 sport athlete in high school and continued to play basketball for 3 years in college

2. I was born in Lexington, Kentucky, and although I didn't grow up there I still love visiting (especially when Keenland is running!!)


3. I love dressing up and being a "girly girl" but I'm almost always too lazy to wake up earlier so I can blow dry my hair and put on makeup.  So you'll usually see me in jeans and a t-shirt! (And that's an upgrade... in undergrad it would've been sweatpants!)

4. I graduated from Wingate University with a B.S in Mathematics and I'm now pursuing a M.S. in  Actuarial Science at Columbia University

5. I had never even visited NYC before paying my deposit to attend Columbia.

6. During my senior year at Wingate, my three best friends and I would spend hours playing Bananagrams, Scrabble Apple, Shanghai Rummy, and Rook, while drinking Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot! (I miss that so much!)


7. I admire my two brothers so much! They are so important to me and I enjoy getting to spend time with them whenever possible!

8. Although I like living in the city, I can't wait to move back down South!  I'm not a hardcore country girl or anything (my friends even call me a "city slicker") but I miss the variety in the South

9. I have Beiber Fever!  I'm not a crazy fan and have no hopes of marrying him or anything, but I did go to his concert a year and a half ago, and it was sooo much fun!


10. I enjoy cooking and baking but I usually don't have the patience or money to buy so many ingredients so I almost always end up with something simple like pasta or box-mix cake!

11. I kind of want a tattoo but I'm too afraid I'll regret it! I'm thinking I might just get one on the inside of my lip, that way no one will even know and it fades after awhile! 


Questions!!
1. If you could go anywhere, all expenses paid, where would it be?
I haven't traveled a whole lot so there are tons of places I'd love to go! But choosing one, it would probably be Greece! After the movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants", I've always wanted to go!


2. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
I love spending time with my friends.  It doesn't matter what were doing.  Whether it's going out, playing card games, or just watching a movie! It's a great way to unwind and we always have a great time!

3.Why did you start blogging?
Mainly because I was bored over winter break and wanted something to do!  I'd read a few friends blogs and it seemed like a good way to organize thoughts and just write about whatever I want!  It's been a lot of fun so far!

4. Do you have any siblings?
As you read in my "Fun Facts", I have two brothers: a twin brother, Preston, and a younger brother, Spencer, who just turned 21!  Preston is about to get married in July and works for JP Morgan Chase!  He played baseball at Francis Marion University.  Spencer is a junior at Clemson University where he plays football!  Once Preston and I started college, the three of us have become so close and I love hanging out with them!


5. What's your most embarrassing moment?
I don't really get embarrassed too easily.  If I did, then I would be embarrassed everyday because I'm about the most clumsy girl ever!  I seriously am the type to trip over a crack in the sidewalk, and whoever said you can't fall up the stairs never met me!

6. Chocolate or Vanilla?
When it comes to flavored things like ice cream or cake, I'd have to say overall vanilla... but I'm a girl, so obviously I never complain about chocolate!

7. What's your favorite genre of music?
Easy... Country!

8. Have you been to any concerts? Which was your favorite?
I've been to a few concerts, but my favorite would either be Jason Michael Carroll or Thompson Square!  I saw both of them at Coyote Joe's in Charlotte, and there's just something great about being up close to the stage with a small crowd!


9.  Who is your favorite author?
Definitely Nicholas Sparks!  He's really the only author I consistently read. 

10.  What is one beauty product you can't live without?
Eye-liner.  My eyelashes are fairly blonde and I look so tired without something to color up my eyes.  Although mascara is a close second, eye-line is quick and has a more dramatic change (if that makes sense).

11. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Another easy question... Target!  Lizzy and I would venture to Target at least once a week!  One of the other things I really miss about home!!!  There are a couple Targets in NYC but its about a 45 minute subway ride so I don't get to go nearly as often!

Ok, so I'm supposed to tag 11 people but I don't know 11 people that have a blog! So AbigayleVanessa, and Cari Ellen, here you go!  

1 comment:

  1. So glad you did this! I've been dying to go to Greece ever since Sisterhood of the Traveling pants too!

    ReplyDelete